Today we hear from former Navy Seal, Joost Jansen, as he speaks at The Billion Dollar Body Live Event. Joost talks about cultivating your motivation and inspiration, conquering both emotional and physical pain, facing fears, and having a purpose when facing obstacles. Joost puts comfort and fear on a spectrum and discusses the ideal mindset to live in as you continue to stay focused and motivated in all areas of life.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- [ 3:58 ] Inspiration and Motivation are very unreliable, but they are great tools if used correctly.
- [ 5:10 ] Know yourself and know what inspires you!
- [ 5:52 ] Joost talks about the two kinds of people in the world; those that are motivated by positive feedback and those who aren’t interested in doing anything until someone tells them they can’t do it.
- [ 9:55 ] Joost shares gets personal, sharing the worst day of his life and how things turned around from that point on.
- [ 12:38 ] Every time you're in a place of pain and resolute determination you're becoming stronger for your future.
- [ 13:50 ] Joost talks about contemplating quitting and how he recentered himself.
- [ 15:00 ] Most people live in a coma of comfort. Joost breaks down the degrees of fear and comfort.
- [ 17:05 ] We learn some of the tricks Joost enforces when combating crippling fears.