Today Nicholas talks with Kyle Ingham about what it is to be a gentleman and how the ultimate man can keep to good values while still having the freedom to be innovative. Kyle is the owner of Distilled Man, blogger and podcast host. Kyle’s mission is to help men become the best version of themselves.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- 1:51 The Current Definition of a Gentleman.
- 3:22 Three Actionable Skills Men Need to Cultivate.
- 7:10 Implementing Skills Day to Day: Having Quality Male Friends, Meeting Women.
- 14:06 Drink Etiquette: Alcohol, Coffee, Sugar.
- 21:18 Presenting Your Best Self.
- 26:20 Buying Clothes for Versatility or Purpose.
- 29:45 Making A Statement.
- 32:52 What is Etiquette?
- 39:35 Men in the Kitchen.
- There are three actionable skills men need to cultivate in order to be gentlemen.
- Social Fluency and Confidence: Talking with People, Being a Good Listener, Building a Network.
- Polish or Presentation of Yourself: Style and grooming, essentially the idea of how you show up. “How you do anything is how you do everything.” Paying attention to the overall appearance as well as the details, scuffed shows, dirty finger nails. Take pride in your appearance.
- Lifestyle and Domestic Skills: Being a provider, making cocktails for guests, knowing how to cook, making breakfast, host a dinner or dinner party.
- When you dive into your own interests you will meet other guy friends who are like minded. In many cases these friendships that you for when you are you're most genuine, doing what you love will then lead you to an introduction to a woman who is also like minded and has much in common with you.
If you enjoyed this podcast then make sure to get our free Testosterone boosting checklist here (www.thebilliondollarbody.com/checklist
Thanks for listening,
PS: Haven’t connected with us on Instagram yet? Click here (www.instagram.com/thebilliondollarbody)